Category Manager Bearings - EMEA/APAC
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Category Manager - Bearings - EMEA/APAC
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The Category Manager supports the development and deployment of the global category strategy and is the primary owner of the strategy execution in the respective region(s) and / or business(es). Driving towards optimal conditions (cost, commercial, quality, delivery, innovation, VAVE) for the related category spend of approximately $60 million and maintaining a high focus on execution. Through his/her actions builds leverage across businesses and drives the One SCM concept both internally and externally, being the ambassador of the Eaton SCM community. Collaborates with his/her cross-functional team in accordance with the Eaton Leadership competencies.
Develops deep category knowledge and becomes a true expert, knowing the portfolio and the market as well, in order to provide leadership guidance for the business and organization in the region. Builds and maintains strong relations with stakeholders and practices political savvy to support organization and function reaching their goals. Collaborates with other functions (operations, quality, logistics, R&D) for any new product development as well as solving any existing problems and to prevent reoccurrence of such.
Supports the Global Category Manager / Regional Category Manager in developing strategies to leverage Eaton’s world-wide buy, generate cost-outcome results, reduce supply base and improve quality and service performance while developing a supplier base that is delivering innovative solutions and builds a solid VAVE pipeline. Is directly responsible for the execution of the strategy in his/her business(es) and / or region(s).
Your key deliverables :
- Supports development of strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of global preferred supplier partners.
- Executes strategic initiatives in line with the global category strategy.
- Negotiates and manages assigned supplier contracts and relationships
- Reviews, monitors and reports compliance to category agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions.
- Develops innovative business solutions, forecasts and commodity projections, and provides mitigation actions as applicable.
- Presents to senior management new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
- Identifies and implements innovative solutions to business problems, independently and through high performing cross-functional teams.
- Creates alignment between corporate and business unit strategic and financial plans.
- Ensures compliance of suppliers with Eaton SCM Sustainability Programs.
- Prepares and runs assigned Supplier Business Reviews on a regular basis.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on catergory management – than please apply.
- This position requires minimum a Bachelors degree
- At least 5 years of supply chain experience, previous specific Category Management/Strategic Sourcing Experience is an advantage
- ERP System knowledge is a plus (SAP / Oracle)
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Experience within a Multi-Location Manufacturing / Assembly plant environment is an advantage
- Knowledge in identifying and understanding current trends in supply chain management specific to services, direct and / or indirect materials.
- Exhibits excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management (internal and at the suppliers), operations and supply chain management personnel.
- Demonstrates ability in strategic process creation and implementation, knowledge and experience in successfully deploying category strategies and driving cost-out.
- Must be able to take a leadership role in driving change in the organization.
- Creative thinker and has a vision of how to drive the organization to the next level of strategic category management.
- Has a demonstrated ability in the area of strategic process creation and implementation and demonstrates a bias for action and implementation.
- Desire to manage multiple tasks globally.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Global business experience is required with experience in negotiating with global suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to create price GAPs and drive results via fact-based negotiations.
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time