Senior Systems Engineer
- Work with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, design, development, and testing of prototype and pre-production firmware, software, and prototypes for energy management and signal processing use cases
- Support methods for data input/output, networking, digital signal processing, and transducer integration while ensuring security
- Recommend, set up, integrate, and utilize development environments and frameworks as required for business and data engineering needs
- Recommend and set up appropriate performance monitoring solutions
- Demonstrate solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
- Author high-quality, highly-performance, unit-tested code based.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality solutions.
- Bachelors or higher e.g. Masters and/or Ph.D.
- 2+ years experience in distributed energy resource technology and digital signal processing design and development.
- 1+ years in the energy sector in an applied research and development role
- Distributed energy resource technology, digital signal processing, multi-modal sensing and fusion, proposal preparation and delivery, IoT and resilient solutions, embedded systems, industrial prototype development and evaluation.
- Ability to clearly present ideas and proposals to non-technical and senior technical audiences, time and people management
- Solid understanding of C/C++ for embedded systems and development & test methodologies
- Broad applied digital signal processing and distributed energy resource technology expertise
- Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts and solutions
- Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, state of the art technologies and trends, and methodologies
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time