Engineer, Metrology lab
Job Title: Engineer, Metrology lab #062764
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineer, Metrology lab in Corporate Research technology ( CRT), based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) – Corporate Research technology ( CRT). Eaton India Innovation Centre (EIIC) is growing into an integrated engineering center in Pune adding state of the art test labs.
Your essential responsibilities:
• Provides technical leadership in preparing and using inspection programs for measurement of component dimensions & other
• parameters as required on high precision equipment like CMM, Roundness & Cylindricity tester, Contour tracer, surface roughness tester etc. as well as using profile projector, height gauge, various other gauges, calipers; Ensures proper calibration and maintenance of all lab assets, ensures high quality results of dimensional measurement for conformance, benchmarking and similar purposes and keeps measurement practices contemporary using available and new techniques and equipment
• Reads part drawings or models as needed, analyzes GD&T and decides measurement requirements.
• Selects optimal way of measurement and makes programs with equipment best suited for the measurement.
• Ensures that all the equipment are calibrated, maintained and are performing to required standards.
• Maters measurement techniques to have measurement practices and capabilities contemporary.
• Plans work in the lab, ensures timely delivery of all work with required quality.
• Partners with product & technology development teams to provide recommendations on design (DfMA) based on own experience on measurement and manufacturing.
• Collaborates with diverse cross-functional teams at global level. Documents lessons learnt; Acquires and disseminates knowledge to wider community.
If you are:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Sound knowledge and hands-on experience of ≥5 years in operation of Metrology lab including CMM, Roundness& Cylindricity tester, Con-tracer, surface roughness tester, profile projector, miscellaneous gauges etc.
Sound knowledge of GD&T.
Knowledge and experience on calibration, AMC, MSA, SPC, statistics etc.
Experience with usage of CAD tools like PRO-E, CATIA, Unigraphics etc.
Sound knowledge of applicable standards like ISO, ASTM, SAE, JIS etc.
Experience with QMS like ISO9001, TS16949, NABL accreditation etc.
Hands-on experience with 3D scanner.
Knowledge & experience of various machining processes.
Experience in competitive benchmarking and tear down.
Proficiency in working on programming of measurement equipment / software.
Good communication skills in English (verbal and written) to communicate information effectively to all local & global stakeholders.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time