Field Service Technician
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Field Service Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Mascot, Australia.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a fast paced, and sales orientated team in a large multi-national company.
The role which offers a broad variety of responsibilities including international liaising and great learning opportunities.
- Install and maintain critcal equipment and perform in-house and on-site repairs as required in accordance with service and maintenance agreements.
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and provide rostered standby support 24/7.
- Modify or update equipment where required.
- Liaise with Project Management to carry out site inspection, commissioning and testing of Project jobs. This will involve the creating, modifying of all documentation and reports for submission.
- Provide Technical assisted/support to Technical staff and Service contractors.
- Liaise with Call Centre and technical staff to maintain repair requirement and quality control standards.
- Undertake training and provide training for customer staff and sub-contractors where required.
- Instruct customer personnel in maintenance procedures required to keep their equipment in good working order
- Perform tests on units and prepare detailed reports on tests carried out.
- Ensure that all service reports are submitted within 24 hours of job completion.
- Undertake training as required.
- Comply with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Be aware of the company’s and your own obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations as well as the company’s documented Quality Management system.
- Be aware of the companies and your own obligations under the relevant Environmental Regulations.
- Ensure the company’s Quality Assurance objectives are met.
- Work in a team environment.
- And any other job related duties that may be requested from time to time.
If you are:
- Trade, diploma or degree qualification in electrical, electronics, mechatronics or Industrial Automation.
- 5 year’s experience in a technical role servicing electrical or power electronics equipment.
- Customer service experience
- Computer skills including MS Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and ERP systems (Oracle, SAP)
- Report writing
- Verbal and written communication skill
- Organisational skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ANZD AustraliaNew Zealand Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time