Sr. Financial Analyst
Eaton is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst will be located in our Forest City, NC facility.
This position is responsible for providing direct support to the Plant Controller. This requires accomplishing a variety of accounting and management level tasks, including but not limited to AP/AR analysis, developing and processing journal entries, inventory accounting and standard costing analysis, review and analysis of actual financial information as it relates to monthly financial reviews and forecasts, fixed asset accounting and capital project management, balance sheet account management and reconciliations, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and the development of processes and procedures to increase the efficiency and value of the Accounting department as a business partner for all the functional areas of the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform month end processes including analysis and calculation of journal entries with assistance in preparation and completion of local and division closing packages and commentaries.
- You will assist in development and preparation of monthly forecasts and annual profit planning.
- You will prepare on time preparation and submission of balance sheet account reconciliation requirements. Participation in and adherence to all Sarbanes Oxley processes and requirements.
- You will perform and manage all payroll duties and processes for the facility.
- You will do cost accounting functions including rolling/maintaining standard costs. Variance analysis to monitor performance and detect trends affecting the business.
- You will perform duties necessary to maintain and manage capital projects and fixed asset activities and systems including support of fixed asset inventories performed periodically.
- You will analzye and assistance in accurate development of labor and burden rates and participation in annual cost roll for the facility.
- You will support and participation with annual physical inventory for the facility including analysis and reporting of results.
- You will keep up maintenance of pricing and customer files.
- You will support, adherence, and participation in all EHS initiatives and requirements to help maintain a safe work environment both personally and for the entire facility.
- You will participate and support of facility Lean initiatives as well as a strong focus on process improvement within the Finance roll.
- You will manage intercompany AP and AR issues. Working with exceptions and responses to supplier requests as well as Oracle and MFG/PRO system maintenance when required.
- You will support of all Forest City functional areas, supporting the Finance objective to function as a true business partner for the facility.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of accounting and or finance experience within a manufacturing company
- No sponsorship is offered for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of accounting experience within a manufacturing environment
- Previous GAAP/SOX or internal audit experience
- Cost accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, Oracle, MFGPro or other ERP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico