Quality Technician -Metrology Technician
Eaton’s Hydraulic division is currently seeking a Quality Technician -Metrology Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Querétaro facility.
The Quality Technician -Metrology Technician is responsible for part programing and measuring for all capabilities installed inside metrology laboratory and required inside the plant; according to technical capabilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
Programing and measuring of all instruments and/or measuring equipment located at metrology laboratory and support production areas as applicable; according to technical capability.
Perform dimensional reports, full layout and validations according PPAP’s phases and quality requirements, developing all technical documentation required according Eaton or/and customer standards; according to technical capability.
Perform first part release, monitoring and special measurements for experiments, analysis, problem solving, safe launch; according to technical capability.
Support and promotes the implementation of the EQMS on its area.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- TSU Mechanical or bachelor degree in Manufacturing Engineering.
- 2 years of experience as metrologist for CMM’s programs. as Calypso, CAMIO and Metrosoft.
- Proven experience in measuring and inspection instruments ( i.e. roughness / profile tester, optical comparator, laser micrometer, manual instruments, Marposs and Zeiss optical tester) and performing of calibration methods on such machines. GD&T knowledge.
- Knowledge in Calibration process based on MSA standards.
- High skilled in Microsoft Office packaging
- Knowledge in CMM’s programs as Calypso, CAMIO and Metrosoft preferred
- English Intermediate level.
- Thinks and Acts Strategically
- Gets Results
- Quality thinking
- Strong ethics and professional behavior
- Negotiation skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Sense of urgency
Proactive and organized
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time