Power Systems Engineer
- You will provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training.
- You will Self-manage assigned projects and job cost accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates.
- You will perform engineering assignments that may involve power systems analysis, power quality measurements and audits, consulting and design services, troubleshooting, and problem solving relative to power distribution equipment.
- You will focus on short circuit, coordination, arc flash, load flow and power quality analysis.
- You will interpret specs and customer inquiries and design technical proposals and pricing for customers.
- You may design and conduct specialized training for customers.
- You may mentor or lead other engineers on projects.
- You will contain job costs and stay within budget.
- Strong computer skills
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products - Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment. Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- On-site customer report presentation skills and may result in up to 25% travel.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
Member of the OIQ (l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec)
Minimum of 3 years of experience in power systems engineering work.
Only candidates that are bilingual in French and English will be considered
Relocation is not provided with this position. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in the use of SKM PTW, ETAP, EDSA, CYME, or EasyPower software.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time