Operation Engineer / District Support Representative
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is seeking an Operations Engineer / District Support Representative-This position is located in Lenexa, KS.
Eaton wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization. The responsibilities of this position include overseeing day-to-day operations of the office, including field service manpower, engineering and sales support for the operation. Requiring minimal supervision, the Operations Engineer will assist in managing the District’s job schedule and backlog, including preparation of job plans, budgets, schedules, personnel requirements and/or other tasks as required. The Engineer will assist the District Manager and Coordinator in developing short term business financial forecasts, developing and implementing the annual profit plan, and developing cost estimates for proposals and writing negotiations. The Operation Engineer regularly works with and provides technical support for Field Service Representatives and Operations Coordinators as they execute jobs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- You will provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- You will maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- You will develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, support Sales with initial and follow-up quotations for customers, interface and coordinate with other plants and business units within the company and outside vendors to procure parts and services for the district. Provide customers basic applications information via phone or on site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- You will demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence in the customer.
- You will work with authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints, sales ability, and ability to handle irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- You will demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in (electrical, mechanical or engineering technology) with a minimum of 5 years of experience OR 10 years in lieu of the degree- leading and managing large service engineering projects of complex scope
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Relocation is NOT approved for this position; candidates must reside within a 50 miles radius of Lenexa, KS
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Candidate requires minimal supervision to manage the District’s job schedule and backlog
- Candidate must demonstrate strong organizational, project, time and task management skills, with use of personal computers and software systems to manage and track numerous priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrates financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strength in leadership and coaching/mentoring of both field and office personnel.
Knowledge and understanding of the Electrical and EESS industry, products and solutions. Candidate needs to have a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to assist in the generation of proposals and negotiations
- Submit periodic customer required background and drug screenings
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time