Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group is seeking a Plant Controller for the Power Reliability Division. The Plant Controller position will be located at its Olean, NY facility.
Position Overview :
The Plant Controller reports directly to the Plant Manager with functional reporting to the Finance Director. This person serves as the finance business partner to the LIPE product line. This hands-on leader manages the financial performance of the facility including: driving results through management of daily, weekly and monthly operational performance metrics, planning, forecasting, reporting, analyzing business drivers, risks & opportunities, and administering internal controls. This person successfully leads others through building organizational capability, empowering them to do their best and holding others accountable to perform to expectations. The person advocates for and teaches others the Eaton Business System. The ideal candidate is an action-oriented critical thinker, attentive to detail, skilled in driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and interpersonal skills to deliver results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
You will establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with Eaton financial policies and US GAAP, and maintain SOX controls.
- You will deliver proactive, insightful analysis and is viewed as a key business partner. Effectively utilizes proven analytical tools; rigorously analyzes business data. Communicates clearly; understands audience. Understands key business variables and effects on business: price, cost, volume, mix, and overhead.
- You will develop and leads systems and processes to support profit plan and forecasts. Measures performance against goals; provides insightful variance analysis. Proactively seeks opportunities to improve results through cost reduction, increased margins, and effective capital management.
- You will develop, implement, and continuously improves business processes and communicates effectively to prevent reporting errors. Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency, and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports prepared by the plant.
- You will understand the vision of the business and takes an active role in furthering that vision. Knowledgeable of competitors, markets, products, and other industries.
- You will develop, implement, and continuously improve business processes and systems. Applies Lean concepts appropriately to drive improvements. Understands internal and external customers and measures their satisfaction.
- You will demonstrate solid analytical skills; analyses proven accurate over time. Applies strong business judgment to identify business opportunities. Has participated in the preparation and evaluation of business proposals.
- You will provide leadership to ensure adequate cost accounting processes are in place, including standard cost updates, physical inventory verification, periodic cycle counts, etc.
- You will foster an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals, values and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships.
- You will effectively work with and leverage the Divisonal Finance Function as appropriate to ensure alignment to Eaton financial policies and processes.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments, as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration from an accredited institution
Minimum of five years of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance
Minimum of three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated ability to drive cost reduction projects and improve plant productivity
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Oracle, SAP and Hyperion HFM skills
Strong financial analysis, planning, forecasting and reporting experience
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA or CMA
- Solid working knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Working knowledge of pronouncements of external regulatory bodies: Financial Accounting Standards Board, SEC, IRS, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change
- Exhibits managerial courage in defending a position and working under pressure
- Superior analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Demonstrated success working through others to achieve outstanding results
- Business communication proficiency (written and spoken)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time