Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst in the Jackson, MI location.
This position serves as the Sr. Financial Analyst for the Jackson, MI manufacturing plant within the Aerospace Group's Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division. This position is responsible for performing all accounting functions, financial reporting, and analysis for the Jackson, MI ledgers and supports the government accounting and reporting requirements. This includes performing month end closing and forecasting requirements, variance analysis, commentary, balance sheet reconciliations, and leading profit planning activities. This position also provides accurate, timely advice and guidance to the Jackson, MI management team including departmental budget analysis, inventory reporting, and cost analysis. The Sr. Financial Analyst requires a high level of problem solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively across functional lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform sales and margin reporting
- You will perform financial planning and analysis activities (forecasting, annual profit plan, etc.)
- You will maintain balance sheet reconciliations
- You will troubleshoot existing accounting systems to correct errors/problems so they do not repeat
- You will support development of new procedures and process improvements to enhance financial control and reporting
- You will perform month-end journal entries and analysis and SOX requirements
- You will prepare monthly forecasts a
- You will lead annual profit planning activities
- You will ensure accurate and timely reporting for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements
- You will measure, analyze and explain all variances and provide commentary
- You will assist in maintaining accurate standard and current cost system
- You will conduct physical inventory per Eaton Financial Policy
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an accounting or finance role
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience within the manufacturing industry and/or Aerospace industry preferred
- Previous audit/internal controls/SOX experience a plus
- Working Knowledge and understanding of Encore/DFT
- Oracle or other ERP experience along with advanced Microsoft skills preferred
- Government Accounting and Reporting experience preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only