Project Engineer - Nuclear
Eaton’s Electrical, North American Sales is currently seeking a Project Engineer - Nuclear to join our team. This position can be based at our Arden, NC (Avery Creek) or Greenwood, SC location.
The Project Engineer’s primary function of this role is to serve as a technical liaison between the plants, product lines and the customer during the execution of projects specific to the nuclear utility industry.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers in the nuclear utility industry and Eaton.
- You will perform lead role at customer witness tests, inspections, and on-board approval meetings/visits.
- You will use internal programs such as Bid Manager for product configuration, changes and pricing required for technical support of orders.
- You will utilize Eaton support functions to ensure efficient and productive use of time.
- You will use electronic tools to generate and modify customer documentation, primarily Submittals and O&Ms.
- You will use project management techniques to assure complete, accurate, & timely closure of all identified and assigned issues, including resubmittals and warranty.
- You will use customer preferred systems for electronic transmittal of project documentation.
- You will meet customer expectations per order, project plan and contract requirements.
- You will apply standard work, error proofing, and product and application knowledge to drive continuous improvement.
- You will interpret customer plans and specifications to provide accurate information on project orders.
- You will engage in continuous learning of products, quality processes and applications related to engineered products.
- You will drive technical resolution for warranty issues.
- You will provide training and mentoring to peers.
- You will verify technical compliance to requirements of the specification, terms & conditions, and purchase order and assist the project manager with resolution.
- You will deliver documentation in accordance with requirements of the specification, terms & conditions, and purchase order and assist the project manager with resolution.
- You will demonstrate ability to provide technical support on nuclear utility segment project orders.
- You will perform all other duties as required by Management
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of sales, sales support, or customer order engineering experience supplying electrical distribution equipment for industrial and commercial construction projects
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other Engineering field strongly preferred
- Project Management education and/or certification preferred
- Electrical distribution and nuclear industry experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the overall sales function, regulatory requirements, and customer needs and departmental objectives
- Proficient in creative problem solving, conflict resolution and managing priorities
- Proficient in Tools and Applications required for job function such as internal programs Bid Manager, Enovia, Sharepoint, and customer quality management (CQM)
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- Strong product and application knowledge of engineered to order assemblies
- Strong commercial skills and balance in dealing with both contractual items and customer service issues
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time