Assembly Technician (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Power and Motion Controls Division is currently seeking an Assembly Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Searcy, AR facility.
The Assembly Technician ensures all products are assembled in accordance to standard work and print specifications. Core hours for this position are on 2nd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will maintain standard work and keep up with ISO standards.
- You will be responsible for assembly of mechanical components.
- You will make decisions as to acceptable quality; establish reasons for rejects and malfunctions; and recommend methods of correcting such deviations.
- You will be responsible for assembly area cleanliness to meet 6S standards.
- You will apply prescribed inspection methods and standardize to regulate performance quality and operational reliability.
- You will maintain inventory accuracy by tracking all material transfers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Searcy, AR will be considered
- Minimum of 6 months manufacturing or assembly experience
- Lean manufacturing/process improvement experience
- Direct assembly experience.
- Familiarity with hydraulic products
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to work with complex drawings and specifications
- Ability to use a wide variety of precision standard and special measuring instruments and testing devices or standard electrical testing units and combinations
- Ability to work from assembly drawings and specifications
- Ability to interact and participate in a team-focused culture
- Development and continuous improvement of standard work instructions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No