Human Resources Manager
Eaton’s Electrical B-Line Division has an opportunity for a Human Resources Manager, located in Highland, IL.
We believe our HR Managers deserve a challenging and rewarding experience where you can make a difference. You deserve an environment where you can develop the skills to be a leader in Human Resources. You deserve a company that has demonstrated a high degree of ethical standards and where “doing business right” really means something. You deserve an environment where your ideas matter.
YOU DESERVE A HUMAN RESOURCES CAREER AT EATON!
At Eaton, we envision more than just manufacturing products that serve our many end markets. We see possibilities for reducing energy, increasing efficiency and promoting sustainability. We desire to power the essential resources needed for our world to thrive. This is how we see things differently and we challenge you to do the same by exploring a HR career with Eaton.
Lead the Human Resources function for the Highland, IL site establishing solid business partnerships and driving functional excellence. Direct responsibility for approximately 270 hourly employees and 30 salaried employees. Revenue responsibility of this group is approximately $160M. Develop, implement and validate Human Resources programs, policies and initiatives aligned with short and long-term business plans. Foster a culture in the organization that promotes employee involvement and engagement and a passion for customer excellence. Reports directly to the Highland Plant Manager and indirectly to the Division HR Director.
Essential Functions include:
- Drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees. Effectively deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans. Exemplify and lead Eaton Leadership Model and aspirational goals.
- Drive strategy in conjunction with labor relations considering the contract, business needs, relationship, and employee well-being. Will be responsible for leading contract negotiations.
- As strategic business partner, work with Leadership teams to set direction, priorities and culture expectations championing the Eaton Business System (EBS).
- Lead cycles of improvement for this Business Unit, ensuring alignment of key programs and initiatives with the Eaton Business System, and driving change management plans to maximize employee ownership and engagement.
- Drive HR functional excellence through Eaton programs, ensuring quality of process and content and alignment with corporate standards to achieve goals and objectives. Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division.
- Manage and develop skills of the Human Resources team to support business initiatives and goals including functional reports. Encourage and drive best practice sharing across the division.
- Build organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management and employee development. Manage and develop employee compensation/reward and recognition programs, driving pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives. Foster a culture of manager ownership and accountability of the employee life cycle.
- Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Utilize MESH to ensure compliance with state/federal/provincial safety requirements and drive “zero incidents” culture.
- Ensure compliance with all country, provincial, federal and state laws and compliance requirements.
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading/coaching others through change.
- Facilitate a culture where best practices are shared across HR and the business and identify opportunities for synergy and integration between Electrical Sector Groups. Benchmark industry and local best practices to set stretch performance targets.
- Facilitates the design and implementation of impactful change initiatives that ensure the best possible solution for all major constituents, including employees, customers, shareholders, etc.
- Establishes diversity initiatives and maintains governmental compliance through EEO practices
- Liaise with Corporate HR Services to provide workforce with greater HR programs accessibility
- Coordinates disability claims (STD and LTD), leaves of absence (FMLA), and workers’ compensation (WC) claims with HR Services, third party administrator (TPA), and relevant parties.
- Understands and considers all applicable legal implications when making business decisions and protect the organization by ensuring compliance with all labor laws.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 4 years of increasing responsibility in a progressive HR environment
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a union environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit will be provided. All candidates must reside within the 50 mile radius o Highland, IL to be considered.
- Strong knowledge of Eaton Business System preferred
- Prior experience with contract negotiations is important.
- Knowledge of relevant local/state/federal/provincial employment laws
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Business writing expertise
- Excellent facilitation/ coaching skills. Strong employee relations skills with the proven ability to successfully drive change and leadership ownership/accountability
- Strong drive for results and sense of urgency; data and metrics-driven. Strong project management skills with ability to lead a cross-functional business team
- Commitment to employee engagement and continuous improvement
- Great organizational skills and demonstrated ability to get results
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- HR certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No