Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America is currently seeking a HR Supervisor to join our HR team for our Kings Mountain, NC manufacturing facility.
The HR Supervisor directly assists the HR Manager in the development, implementation and administration of HR policies and programs to support the business objectives of a manufacturing facility within the Vehicle Division. This role provides leadership in the effective administration of recruitment & selection, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, affirmative action, and other HR processes. This role is also responsible for evaluating policies, processes, and practices, and driving continuous improvement efforts within the function. The HR Supervisor also serves as a member of the site’s Extended Leadership Staff.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will engage in pro-active employee relations strategies and initiatives; Drive activities to promote engagement with employees at all levels including providing counsel and support to resolve interpersonal conflicts and employee relations issues and investigate and resolve ER claims.
- You will support managers and supervisors in the hiring of salaried and hourly employees, including the internal bidding/polling procedures for hourly employees, coordinating recruitment efforts with the Eaton Talent Acquisition Center, facilitating the New Employee Orientation and Onboarding processes, and monitoring employment for contingent personnel through partnership with Barpellam.
- You will implement and administer policies and procedures consistent with the plant’s inclusion & diversity initiatives, including driving actions to achieve affirmative action goals and leading outreach efforts by promoting and maintaining relationships with civic and educational institutions. This will include assisting in the development of the Affirmative Action Plan and related reports/documentation and facilitating the plant Inclusion & Diversity team
- You will provide pro-active coaching and counsel to supervisors, extended staff, and others regarding handling employee concerns and situations. This will include holding regular one-on-one meetings with client group leaders, identifying and executing actions to improve overall managerial effectiveness in the plant, and assisting supervisors in applying policies to ensure accountability and high performance.
- You will provide day-to-day direction, coaching, and mentorship to HR Generalist (direct report).
- You will provide support in the areas of compensation and benefits: salary administration, proposing merit adjustments, developing range recommendations, assisting with wage surveys and communications, and helping employees with benefits questions and escalations.
- You will assist on special projects as needed, including support of ongoing Continuous Improvement for Everyone framework; lead or co-lead employee empowered work team; participate in CI events; participate in safety and operations audits and initiatives.
- You will coordinate and administer the performance appraisal program for both salary and manufacturing workforce, providing guidance to supervisors and managers on development planning and assisting in coordinating the OCA (Organizational Capability Assessment) processes.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an HR Generalist or related role.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Graduate level degree in Human Resources or related field from an accredited institution.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field from an accredited University.
- Experience in a manufacturing or similar industrial environment strongly preferred.
- Special knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations and procedures as they relate to recruitment, terminations, AAP/EEO, FLSA, unemployment, Workers’ Compensation, etc.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, conducting presentations and training, employee counseling, and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational and leadership skills necessary to facilitate meetings, plan events, etc.
- Excellent technical HR skills in the areas of recruiting, compensations, benefits, EEO/AAP, employee relations, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time