Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join the team. This position is based at our Avery Creek (Arden, NC) facility.
The primary function of the Project Engineer is to serve as the technical liaison between the product lines, field sales and the customer during the execution of Large and Major complex project orders. In this role, you will have technical ownership of the order and creates a positive customer experience through a proactive approach to project support and issue resolution. The Project Engineer leverages centralized resources to manage documentation and resolve issues and builds relationships across customers and Eaton facilities to deliver a successful project. You will work independently on daily tasks, taking direction from Sales Engineers, Project Managers and the Project Management Organization (PMO) Management Team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers in assigned territory.
- You will interpret customer plans and specifications to provide accurate information on project orders.
- You will develop and execute proactive order entry strategies that will facilitate order fulfillment and technical support as well as minimize order delay.
- You will serve as the customer’s advocate by relaying the appropriate level of urgency to peer contacts in the operations and escalating issues as required to management.
- You will use Bid Manager for product configuration, changes and pricing.
- You will provide technical support and follow through on warranty issues.
- You will coordinate and interpret Plant Drawings
- You will work closely with the Project Management Team including Project Managers, Sales Engineers, Project Coordinators, other Project Engineers and the Documentation Team.
- You will leverage centralized resources to create and manage project submittal and O&M documentation.
- You will manage daily phone and email activity, providing directions, solutions and updates.
- You will pursue continuous learning of products and applications related to engineered products.
- You will take a leading role in developing, mentoring, and monitoring on-the-job training for new and existing less experienced Project Engineers.
- You will represent sales at customer witness tests, inspections, and on-board approval meetings/visits.
- You will Perform all other duties as required by Management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of work experience within the electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical field
- Electrical industry expertise and product knowledge
- Prior sales and/or sales support experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Possess technical sales aptitude, market channel knowledge and power distribution expertise
- Capable of working in a team environment, using strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish customer relationships within the market area while maintaining and growing existing customer relationships
- Knowledgeable of Eaton product and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight
- Possess necessary computer skills including: Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Internet applications, Microsoft Office applications, and other product configuration tools
- Possess organizational, presentation, training, and planning skills
- Knowledgeable of market and industry issues, key trends, and surround competitors
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time