Eaton Electrical Division North American Sales (NAS) organization located in New York City, NY has an opening for a Project Support Sales Engineer.
This position will provide project management support for commercial and residential construction projects.
Primary responsibility will be focused on the project management, post-order, side of the technical and commercial aspects of select orders. This also involves working with the outside sales team in the early submittal stages to translate an in-depth understanding of customer requirements into clear deliverables for all stakeholders. The Project Support Sales Engineer will work with the local sales team and EatonCare to coordinate everything from the preparation of approval packets through the successful commissioning of the equipment, with the objective to provide flawless execution on all project details thereby improving the financial metrics for Eaton and our customers. This position will also be responsible for the ongoing development of sales channel, as well as, having input in developing relationships with key contractors and large scale builders in the local markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will review plans, specifications, comments, clarifications and purchase order to help with clean order entry
- You will host order transition meeting with identified internal resources, as well as, kick-off meetings with distributors and customers
- You will compare plans and specifications with quoted bid manager bill of material
- You will manage project documentation needs and releases
- You will compare construction drawings to marked up approval drawings in effort to identify any discrepancies prior to shipment
- You will manage customer relationship throughout assigned projects, including but not limited to “as-built” drawings and test reports, warranty issues, factory test and customer meetings
- You will conduct final closeout of projects with Sales
- You will identify key customers for assigned target market.
- You will develop sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales objectives in assigned markets or accounts as well as grow market share.
- You will conduct channel and end customer training
- You will utilize customer feedback, drawings and specifications to develop unique sales proposals and solutions including Eaton’s full product portfolio
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in a technical, sales, project management, or marketing function.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position does provide relocation to reside within a 50 mile radius of New York, NY
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Sales training and/or Electrical Industry certifications.
- Work experience in the Electrical Industry, specifically the Electrical Contracting industry is preferred.
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
- Electrical product knowledge
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
- Project Management skills.
- Possess commercial skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close-out projects.
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Solid presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time