Eaton's Hydraulic Division has an opening for a:
Location: Pessano con Bornago (MI), Lombardia, Italy
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Eaton’s Hydraulic is the partner of choice for mobile and industrial applications that simply have to work.
The SCM Supervisor will join our team in Pessano (MI) and will be responsible for:
• Managing procurement of Hydraulic components in order to support the System Business growth in the region. Main focus on external suppliers for non-Eaton parts.
• Building strong relationships with external supplies in order to get the best prices and reach the product lead times needed to meet our customer requirements for systems deliveries.
• Working closely with the Engineering, Sales Teams, and external partner for all issues related to externa supplier products (quality, price, delivery…)
• Auditing the existing suppliers and scouting new suppliers is also part of the function.
• Dealing with EMEA regional Supply Chain to align with goals and suppliers expectations and statistics. Supporting the EMEA business related to Italian suppliers.
Your key deliverables:
• Raise purchase orders for external supplier in order to support the System Business for the EMEA market. Develop and maintain a strong relationship with suppliers, by negotiating the best prices, understanding supplier needs and matching them with Eaton business.
• Monitor deliveries, expediting when needed. Track supplier performances, and report them to EMEA Supply Chain team. Work with supplier to improve their performances and guide a continuous improvement in terms of quality, deliveries and prices.
• Continuous scouting of better suppliers or emerging small Italian factories in order to increase the profitability of Eaton systems and quality/delivery requirements requested by customers.
• Audit the existing supplier on a regular basis, according to ISO standards and Eaton policy.
• Coordinate subcontractors during the assembly of systems. Monitor deliveries and quality, solve any unexpected issue raising during the testing phase
• Reach the cost-out goal of the plant by negotiating prices and building long-term relationships and agreements with suppliers
• Participate in the EMEA SCM meetings/calls, supporting the regional team with Italian suppliers.
• Manage the stock level of critical products, matching the company inventory goals and Excess and Obsolete policy
• Manage service requests by organizing supplier visits at customer, collecting the requested infos and documents in order to perform the service in the smoother way.
• Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or comparable qualification
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in procurement of hydraulic components
• Excellent business understanding
• Independent and structured way of working
• Specialized technical education and experience in Hydraulic Power Units, Manifold blocks, Pumps, Motors, Valves and Steel manufacturing
• Good communication skills to influence suppliers, and motivate divisional personnel to achieve company goals and objectives.
• Good negotiation skills
• Basic knowledge of the MRP principles
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, relationships and leverage diversity.
• Experience operating in Italian Hydraulics Market
• Italian mother-tongue speaking.
• Professional English knowledge in speaking, reading and writing.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time