Human Resources Supervisor
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Human Resources Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Tijuana facility.
The Human Resources Supervisor is responsible aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to managers and supervisors on human resource-related issues. A successful HRBP will acts as an employee champion and change agent seeking to develop integrated solutions for the business. This position also leads talent strategy for the workforce, works on implementing human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Provide strategic solutions, advice and couch managers and supervisors.
- Manages recruitment process for salaried and hourly employees. Review organization structure and job design with hiring manager, identify sourcing techniques, screen candidates, conduct phone screens and set-up and conduct interviews, establish selection criteria to identify top talent and counsel managers on selection and making job offers.
- Support and lead execution on plant’s recognition program partnering with business leaders.
- Proven experience on turnover and retention strategies for hourly and salaried employees.
- Advocate and market company HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Assist HR Manager with Organizational Capability Analysis. Develop background materials and follow-up on action and development plans.
- Manage and follow up in the APEX (performance review) process were applicable.
- Drive culture change toward the HROR (Human Resources Operation Review) using employee survey process. Encourage 100% participation, analyze results, and assist managers in feedback sessions and tracking action items.
- Couch leaders on dealing with employee relations and employee performance issues.
- Be an advocate for employees in the organization insuring fair treatment, helping to get issues raised and addressed responding to their need for information on policies, procedures, benefits, pay etc. and identifying developmental opportunities.
- Assist in preparing data in response to requests from audits and assessments ISO, TS, STPS, OpA, Sarox, etc.
- Assist in the EBE (Eaton Business Excellence) process. Assist in developing presentations, reports and communications.
- Prepares and reviews department information and reports such as headcount, absenteeism and terminations in an accurate, precise and timely manner.
- Leads Eaton Resource Groups and Inclusion/Diversity strategy
- Coordinates and ensures monthly programs and plant activities, such as rewards and recognitions, anniversaries, monthly meetings, roundtables, etc., are carried out on timely manner.
- Maintains and updates employee’s pertinent information in HRMS and local system. Audits information in both systems regularly to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Follow up new hires and perform skip levels to address employee needs proactively
- Applies the safety and environment principles and methodology to prevent accidents
- Actively participates in CI activities, HROR, EBS, EBE, OpA, MESH, Employee Survey and other Eaton’s initiatives and processes as well as TS16949 and ISO14001
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of HR supervision experience in organizations with more than 500 employees.
- Bilingual English/ Spanish
- BS or BA in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- MBA is a plus.
- Experience on electronic manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Proficient in computer software, TRESS, Microsoft office, HRMS (Oracle preferred).
- Strong mexican labor laws knowledge.
- Strong knowledge in STPS compliance requirements for human resources area
- Strong skills in market survey analysis and retention programs.
- Good communication skills.
- Team work oriented.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Detail oriented.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time