Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking an EHS Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Worcester, MA facility.
The EHS Manager is responsible for the environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the site. This individual is accountable for: directing EHS activities at his/her locations; establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS Performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for: maintaining site ISO/OHSA certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closures of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will identifying risk areas and developing short and long term strategies to address them.
- You will manage and monitor hazardous waste compliance.
- You will manage and monitor air emission, wastewater and storm water operations.
- You will manage OSHA employee right-to-know and community right-to-know programs.
- You will be responsible for planning, implementing and tracking related EHS training programs.
- You will be responsible for reviewing EHS impact of new equipment and production processes through the Management of Change process.
- You will monitor compliance with EHS regulations and Eaton MESH requirements including ENHESA updates.
- You will prepare routine reports, plans and other documents that must be filed with the government.
- You will maintain current information about EHS regulations.
- You will work in coordination with Human Resources as to performing administrative duties to related to workers compensation and return to work issues related to EHS.
- You will support and direct plant activities as they pertain to Eaton MESH corporate program. (Management of Environmental, Safety, Security and Health)
- You will provide support and direct implementation of Worker’s Compensation policies.
- You will assist establishing, maintaining or implementing teams in the areas of accident investigation, audit/ inspection, work station risk assessments, visual work instructions , emergency preparedness and response, First Responders (CPR/First aid), chemical management, environmental aspect analysis, safety and health risk analysis.
- You will be responsible for managing the site security Program
- You will be responsible for managing the site sustainability program
- You will provide daily guidance, supervision of the EHS analyst and technician, including mentoring and coaching of these individuals as to support building a sustainable organization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in environmental, health, and safety (or a combination of these functions).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this role. Candidates must live within the immediate geographic area to be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Science from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of federal and state water and air regulations
- Program management experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager).
- Previous experience in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of ISO standards, industry regulations / processes related to EHS (e.g. OSHA, ISO 14001, MESH, VPP, etc.)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time