Operational Excellence Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking an Operational Excellence Manager located in our Greenwood, SC facility.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this person will provide engineering management and Continuous Improvement leadership for the Greenwood manufacturing facility (one of Eaton’s largest facilities in North America). Additionally, this position is responsible for driving the execution and deployment of robust manufacturing processes and continuous improvement/manufacturing efficiency initiatives across the organization. This person will also plan, coordinate, and direct Operational Excellence programs designed to ensure the long-term success of strategic business initiatives and related goals; and support programs that enhance ISO9000, and drive ISO14001 activities and improve ISO program components.
- Support the Quality Control functions and related quality assurance activities for all products manufactured by the locations
- Plan and manage statistical control activities to ensure the conformance of manufactured products/ equipment with customer specifications and their unique product performance requirements
- Drive process improvements through the understanding and use of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools (ELSS)
- Guide, direct, maintain and monitor all activities associated with the successful application of Eaton’s Quality Award process (EBE)
- Recommend, develop, and manage plans to improve production and office processes and results, to include ELSS, EQS, EBS and other tools
- Monitor financial impact resulting from cost reduction programs and report as expected to ES and PDO-A managers and systems
- Maintain contact with customers for the purpose of effective product quality and manufacturing communications
- Participate on corporate ELSS council functions
- Lead Greenwood plant EBE efforts
- Benchmark other Eaton plants for best practices. Share local best practices with other Eaton locations
- Work with stakeholders across PDCA Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Finance and Operations to ensure end-to-end Operational goals are met/ exceeded
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Operations or Manufacturing.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Builds and leverages key relationship across various business units/function
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Must possess persuasive skills required of human relations and leadership
- Must be able to express ideas clearly to direct, motivate and train subordinates
- Must be able to communicate clearly to management, professionals, exempt and non-exempt employees in all matters concerning production, quality, safety and product design
- Extensive knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma techniques
- Strong knowledge of business systems and manufacturing processes required
- Minimum 2 years of prior Management experience
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time