Job Title: Lead Engineer # 062559
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Lead Engineer in EIIC has opening for a Lead Engineer-Electro Mechanical Actuation within Aerospace Fuel & Motion Control team, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
EIIC has opening for a Lead Engineer-Electro Mechanical Actuation within Aerospace Fuel & Motion Control team. The Lead Engineer will provide engineering team leadership for the new product development of Aerospace Electro-mechanical actuation products from proposal through initial production. This role includes leading the Technical Integrated Product Team (IPT) by driving the team to program milestones, controlling costs and ensuring a high-level of engineering discipline.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Lead an IPT of mechanical, electrical, software, system, test, motor, and other engineers to develop new or upgrade existing actuator products for aerospace applications.
- Deploy and drive predictable execution leveraging Six sigma methodology for product development. Utilize DFSS methodology and tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management, Statistical Tolerance Stack-up analysis & DVPR for new product development & existing product improvements
- Lead proposal teams in response to customer requests for quote and internal cost out initiatives.
- Assume ownership of architecture and functional description of products or systems being developed.
- Manage product requirements through requirements management tool (DOORS) including impact assessments, customer change notices and internal requirement flow down.
- Plan the design, analysis and verification activities for new product developments.
- Deliver on program milestones by estimating task durations, identify resource needs and track tasks to closure. Drive engineering discipline with regards to first pass yield, on-time delivery and design in accordance with Eaton standards.
- Responsible for being the main technical customer interface for project. Maintain effective communications both verbal& written with customer, global team members and cross functional departments
- Oversee development testing and review engineering test data to ensure product requirement compliance.
- Champion process adherence and improvement across the engineering organization and enforces adherence to processes and standards on assigned programs.
- Assist with continuous improvement through writing new processes and/or improving existing processes or standards.
- Contribute to Product Technology Roadmaps &come up with innovative product concepts/ideas to introduce technical differentiators / value proposition and protect IP through patents/trade secrets.
If you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace /Electrical Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
- Strong knowledge of Mechanical component design with 8+ Yrs. of relevant experience.
- Proven capability to conceive new ideas and demonstrate viability through relevant engineering calculations.
- Person must be proficient with Pro-E/CATIA V5, should be able to review tolerance stack-up and engineering calculations as required supporting design integrity.
- Knowledge of experimental test procedures and creating Engineering test plan documents.
- Experience working with vendors/suppliers/testing.
- Good understanding on systematic problem-solving methods and tools.
- Experience in PLM tools (ENOVIA)
- Demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to reliably achieve goals.
- Demonstrated experience on of Design for Manufacturability & Assembly (DFMA).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience of interfacing with global teams and working in matrix organization.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working with Aerospace Electro-Mechanical Actuation Products & Standards
- Pump and Impeller design knowledge
- Analytical tools ( ex. MathCAD, MATLAB)
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time