Senior Electronics Engineer-eMobility
Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Senior Electronics Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Port Coquitlam, BC site.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
The Senior Electronics Engineer is responsible for new product developments, sustaining projects, product updates & improvements, support of service department and existing customers. The electronics engineer will take active roles at the beginning of product design cycle from product concept to production launch, through definition, implementation, and documentation. The incumbent is a key contributing member of the project team and must be able to work well with team members of all levels in Sales and Marketing, Customer Service, Engineering, Product Management and other Eaton teams.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will understand and interpret technical requirements, product requirements, business requirements, and customer requirements, convert the requirements into electronics design.
- You will draft engineering requirements documents to define product functionalities
- You will design system and hardware architectures appropriate for manufacturing, including design for test and design for manufacturing
- You will partner with vendors and suppliers to create both prototype and production electronics designs / PCBs
- You will test, validate, and debug electronics designs
- You will partner with test and manufacturing disciplines to release electronics designs to manufacturing
- You will achieve schedule commitments with task effort estimates, implementation plans, and takes initiatives to identify and remove risks and roadblocks
- You will work with other internal departments such as sales, product management, applications engineering and service departments to communicate technical and non-technical ideas and to solve problems
- You will collaborate with external stakeholders such as customers, partners, suppliers and regulatory bodies to communicate technical and non-technical ideas and to solve problems
- You will enforce and work in accordance with quality system procedures
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation. Candidate must currently reside within a 80km radius of the Port Coquitlam, BC site.
- 3 years of experience in automotive product design
- 5 years of experience in a senior engineer capacity leading design projects
- Experience with wireless products
- Experience with RF design
- Experience with display technologies (e.g. LCD)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, concepts to technical and non-technical audience
- Proven ability to convert stakeholder feedback into specification and design documentation
- Experience with stage gated development processes
- Experience using electronics engineering tools such as: Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB design, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Logic analyzers, EMC test equipment, Hand soldering tools including working with surface mount components
- High level design capabilities and responsibilities: Schematic capture, PCB layout
- Working with vendors / suppliers to generate prototypes and production PCBs
- Test, validate and debug electronics designs
- Experience with electronics compliance for EMC design (e.g. CE, IEC), automotive standards (e.g. SAE J1113, J1455), ESD immunity
- Experience with Analog circuit design, Power supply design, Battery technology, Design for low power
- Designs for microprocessor architectures (e.g. ARM, Microchip).
- Designs including communication interfaces (e.g.SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485, CAN, USB)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time