Materials Information/Customer Order Engineering Specialist
- You will review incoming orders for accuracy of design and compliance to customer specifications
- You will resolve non-compliant technical issues and prepare timely drawings for approval or manufacturing
- You will develop as required, the necessary electrical control schematic to ensure product functionality
- You will generate non-stock bills of material to fulfill order requirements
- You will provide technical and engineering support to production, marketing, CTC, and sales teams
- You will assist the warranty administrator and the engineering field service representative in resolving customer field challenges and issues
- You will provide feedback to Product Line Manager on customer needs and applications not currently available
- You will support and participate in the implementation of corporate initiatives and attainment of department and operations goals.
- You will process complex aftermarket orders and maintain technical information library on aftermarket products and special projects
- You will lead special project initiatives to support product and process improvements within the department and submit monthly reports to immediate supervisor
- Diploma or degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 80 km radius of the Airdrie, AB facility will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in the manufacturing of electrical power distribution assemblies
- Experience working with Eaton motor control center competitors
- Access database creation experience
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Electrical Aptitude
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written. French is an asset
- Self-motivated, energetic and capable of working in a very fast pace environment as part of a team and taking direction.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
Accessibility policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Politique d'accessibilité: Eaton a mis en place des politiques d’accessibilité afin d’accommoder des employés avec un handicap. Si vous êtes sélectionnés pour une entrevue et que vous avez besoin d’accommodement, veuillez partager l’information avec le recruteur ou le superviseur afin que nous puissions faire des ajustements raisonnables pour vos besoins. Nos politiques d’accessibilité peuvent être consultées au : http://www.eatoncanada.ca/FR/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No