Inside Sales Engineer
Eaton Electrical Division North American Sales (NAS) organization located in Waukesha, WI has an opening for an Inside Sales Engineer.
The primary function of an Inside Sales Engineer (ISE) role will be to support management, outside sales engineers and internal/external customers in providing effective solutions to challenging problems involving technical, service, and commercial issues in the Eaton Power Systems Division. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Creating well written customer proposals based on a customer request for quote and/or a specification using the Power Systems Division (PSD) quotation system(s). Processing orders at the direction of Field Sales Engineers and customers directly. Direct communications with distributor sales and select customers for technical and commercial support for quotations, order processing, factory coordination and warranty support.
The inside sales engineer is to act as a technical and commercial resource to field sales, customers and distributors for quotations and project management of power distribution, power protection, and power equipment maintenance; including electrical solutions from complex custom industrial and commercial applications. Serve the needs of many customer market segments including: Commercial Construction, Industrial and select Electrical OEM's.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications, determine the minimum bill of material, most competitive price level and shipment cycle within the market segment pertaining to each specific negotiation
- You will proactively facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedures for resolution
- You will coordinate warranty and non-warranty repairs and returns, which include shipping issues or service requests
- You will project manage small to medium projects on as needed basis
- You will establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers (internal and external) by effectively employing the highest level of skills with regard to the art of salesmanship, application engineering, product knowledge, knowledge of customers business and organization and knowledge of Eaton product lines strategic plans for sales growth.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 1 year of professional work experience
- Legally authorized to work
in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience or exposure to a manufacturing organization
- Minimum of 3 years of product, customer service, inside sales, or proposals experience in a technical field
- One year of experience using ERP and quotation systems preferred
Electrical experience with medium voltage Electrical Systems
Sales and/or marketing experience
Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Strong communication skills
Relocation assistance is provided for this position
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time