Lead IoT Software Engineer (Cloud Development)
You will work with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of an Internet of Things solution. Development will be primarily in C#, F#, and Python.
You will demonstrate and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
You will provide work estimates and participate in design, implementation, and code reviews
You will develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery.
You will work with test teams to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs; create automated test scripts.
You will work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve end-user problems.
You will evaluate business requirements to resolve potential solutions and recommend software tools to management and architecture teams
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in computer science or engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Internet of Things (IoT) or delivering cloud enabled products (ex: Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Could, Amazon Web Services, GE Predicts, etc.).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience with F# or another functional/hybrid programming language.
- 2+ years’ experience developing enterprise grade, highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems.
- 3+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices such as SCRUM, etc.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) /Continuous Delivery (CD) concepts, tools, and technologies.
- Knowledge of mobile development tools for iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of security concepts such as encryption, certificates, and key management.
Position Success Criteria:
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Expert knowledge in Java or C# and associated IDE’s (Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.).
- Working knowledge of software design, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts.
- Working knowledge of object oriented design and programming skills, including the use of design patterns; ability to work with multi-layered, loosely-coupled, service-oriented libraries and applications.
- Solid understanding of functional programming, including functional composition, pure functions, totality, immutability, and recursion.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time