Assembler & Test - A
Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking an Assembler and Tester – A, 2nd shift to join our team. The position is based at our Los Angeles, CA (near Glendale metro) facility.
The LA facility has approximately 350 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets. The Assembler and Tester will be responsible for assembling and testing hydraulic and/or pneumatic and electronic components as specified in applicable documents with minimal supervision.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Assembler/ Test A will perform testing on production hardware, incoming repair units, utilizing standard methods, processes and procedures, which have been established. May also be required to work on unusual or difficult work where standard or recognizable methods and processes may not be available.
• You will perform detailed assemblies on production, prototype, and/or returned assemblies/subassemblies. Ensure assemblies are built to written instructions or blueprint specifications
• You will perform verifications as an operator/inspector for others in the department. Determined tooling and special gauging required to complete work.
• You will perform acceptance tests on new, repaired, modified, returned or production units. Conduct in-person testing as required
• You will detect and isolate performance discrepancies at each phase of assembly. Determine when and if Engineering Change Order (ECO) is required. May work with Manufacturing and Quality Engineering department to implement assembly and test procedures
• You will use test equipment to perform in process testing and final Acceptance test Procedures (ATPs)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
•High School diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited institution is required.
•Minimum six years’ experience in aerospace manufacturing OR A&P license with three year’s minimum experience in assembly and testing of hydraulic and electromechanical actuators and working knowledge or hydraulic test equipment
•No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA will be considered for this position.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
•This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
•Associates degree in technical field
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No