Job Title: Senior Engineering Manager #062460
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Manager Engineering in Eaton’s EIIC, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
In 2003, Eaton embarked on a journey to set up a best-in-class engineering center in Pune – the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC). The center has completed more than a decade of growth and has emerged as a major technology research, new product development and sustaining engineering center for Eaton’s global customers.
EIIC has opening for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead a team of highly qualified 180+ engineers working on modeling and simulation domain to predict the reliability and performance of Eaton’s product and systems. This position will be directly reporting into Director, Engineering for Industrial Sector in EIIC and functionally to global Director for Industrial Sector CoEs.
This high energy individual will be responsible for developing and deploying fundamental analytical, modeling and simulation capabilities with the primary goal of developing and maintaining products and services that create significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses. This leader will be expected to build a culture of ‘Analysis First Mindset’ as measured by -
1) Reduction in product design and testing cycles
2) Improvement in 1st pass yield during qualification tests
3) Capabilities to drive digitalization strategy
- Interface with products teams in EIIC and global locations, and champion ‘Analysis First’ deployment on Research, Development and Engineering projects.
- Monitor progress and achievements on projects, ensure technical reviews and expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work.
- Develop Digital Prototyping capability roadmap in line with Multi-Generation Product (MGPP) and Technology Plans (MGTP).
- Fully leverage digital and physical prototyping capabilities to drive product innovation. Maximize the utilization of the state-of-the art test labs to accelerate new product and technology effectiveness.
- Partner with experts, academia, and research & development institutes to bring-in outside-in perspective, new modeling techniques and tools to advance the center’s capabilities.
- Build ‘Task to Purpose’ mindset and ensure team has required know-how of product function, application and associated duty cycle to simulate the real-life working/testing using through digital prototypes.
- Show visible leadership and set example by personal action in developing strong learning culture in the team.
- Manage capacity and resources including software/hardware as part of organization profit plans.
- Attract, develop and retain employees to build a strong-diversified talent pool and leadership succession for the center as well as broader EIIC organization. Coach and motivate team members to help achieve peak performance to best of their potential.
- Champion continuous capability and process improvements to support the Eaton Business System: Profit planning, Technology roadmap, Performance Management - APEX, Merit planning, Customer & Employee surveys, DFSS.
- Ensure high employee engagement & managerial effectiveness as measured through employee turnover and employee survey scores.
If you are:
PhD in Mechanical/ Aero/ Applied Mechanics with machine design / structural mechanics / computational modeling specialization and experience of over 12 years or ME/ MS/ MTech with similar background with over 15 years of experience. Expertise and proven track record in engineering research/ analysis/ product design in multi-disciplinary areas of auto/ aero/ hydraulic/ electrical domain is essential.
Thorough understanding of Computer Analysis Engineering (CAE) tools and techniques to predict product reliability and performance. Should have hands-on working experience in CAE domain related to - Structural, Flow and thermal, Control systems and System modeling.
Proven track record in engineering / R&D domain, demonstrated tenacity and flexibility to reliably achieve goals and sound understanding of Six Sigma / DFSS.
Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
Team player with effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
Job tag: #LI-NK1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time