Lead Industrial Designer
- Our ideal candidate has an uncanny sense for clean design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex interactions. You also take the time to understand not just the execution side of design, but have a deep understanding of the business needs and manufacturing possibilities.
- You will translate concepts into storyboards and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- You will facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, storyboarding, sketching, prototyping, and validating user experiences for products.
- You will serve as a liaison between external suppliers for design work overflow.
- You will make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features.
- You will take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- You will collaborate with other team members and stakeholders and optimize for customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- You will lead design intent (leveraging the input from designers in the team) from concept through mass production with cross functional teams including: research, user-interface, software and hardware engineers, marketing, product management and external vendors. Understanding and rationalizing feedback and issues from these teams as they arise.
- You will conduct detailed design critiques, document issues, and coordinate issue resolution.
- You will work closely with other industrial designers, engineers and marketing managers to guide the product from inception through delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Design discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Industrial Designer, Product Designer or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in product development with consumer products or industrial equipment manufacturing.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Masters in Product Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design or related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience creating designs for a wide variety of product experiences ranging from
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in consumer products or industrial equipment manufacturing.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and knowledge of visual design, web design and wireframing tools, user research methods, digital prototyping tools
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Agile development processes
- A portfolio demonstrating compelling user experiences, Industrial Design and progression from research through production.
- Excellent written, listening and oral communication skills.
- Excellent visual communication skills using industry standard 2D and 3D tools such as: Sketching, Photoshop/Illustrator, Solidworks, Creo, and Keyshot.
- Familiarity with advanced CAD techniques, manufacturing capabilities.
- The ability to grasp complex and sometimes diverse customer needs and distill them into clean, understandable solutions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time