NPI Planner Buyer
Eaton’s Emobility division is currently seeking a NPI Planner Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Tijuana facility.
The NPI Planner Buyer is responsible for Provide Plant Materials requirements to the Project team. (Requirements might include support for the business inventory objective, support for E & O reduction, length of supply chain, stocking strategy, etc.).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
• Develop Inventory Management Plans (Phase In/Out). If product is going to be eliminated, work with team to identify all inventory at all locations.
• Provide usage and on-hand inventory information for all affected eliminated parts to Strategic Purchasing for supplier inventory investigation.
• Ensure ERP System is updated with New Purchasing groups and other key parameters.
• Utilize the Master Inventory Tracking spreadsheet to track Potential Excess and Obsolete and publish values at appropriate time intervals throughout the subsequent phases of the project.
• Review and update attributes of affected parts (min/max, safety stock, forecast, etc.) to prevent order triggers and gaining additional inventory while rationalization process is underway.
• Prepare an estimation of materials staffing requirements and storage square footage requirements and provide to Supply Chain management.
• Develop Pilot Materials Support Plan.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering with proficiency in reading technical drawings and understanding manufacturing processes and constraints with materials.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in vehicle-electronic manufacturing industry.
• 5+ years of experience in Purchasing and Planning functions.
• 3+ years’ experience in New Product Introduction with vehicle-electronic company.
• Exceptional relationship management skills and experience.
• Impeccable communication and influencing skills
• Highly organized and used to working to tight deadlines.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working with SAP.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time