Configuration and Data Manager
Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking a Configuration and Data Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The Configuration and Data Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity of product traceability throughout its entire lifecycle. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining configuration control for the product lines, adherence to procedures and policies for each program is followed, and maintaining data management plans and submittals in accordance with customer contracts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will maintain and enforce configuration management and data management plans, policies, standards, and procedures. Ensures product configuration integrity is met for engineering documents and drawings through all product lifecycle phases.
- You will organize and administer change control boards and work release boards with multi-department representation ensuring proper classification of change is determined and necessary actions are taken for traceability of the product through its entire lifecycle.
- You will act as the Jackson site representative to the Configuration and Data Management Eaton Resource Group.
- You will support configuration and data management audits and reviews with government agencies, 3rd party auditors, and customer representatives.
- You will participate in preparation, selection, and testing of engineering software tools ensuring CDM requirements are achieved.
- You will check engineering documents to ensure configuration policies are followed prior to routing to work release boards.
- You will provide basic Enovia support in regards to the ECO/ECR process.
- You will maintain access to all necessary customer portals and develops customer relationships to ensure successful data transfer
- You will submit CDRLs and other engineering documentation to customer portals to support new product development programs and production support activities. Monitors for customer review and approval. Retrieves, organizes and stores customer documentation and specifications
- You will review document submittals for completeness, proper formatting, data markings, and data assertion rights as specified by customer contracts
- You will trian engineering and non-engineering staff in configuration management processes, procedures, practices, and policies; as well as, data management processes, data markings, and contract requirements.
- You will maintain familiarity with industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization’s technical capabilities. Applies continuous improvement to procedures and policies to improve overall efficiency and reduce errors to configuration and data management tasks. Prepares and updates work instructions as required. Develops tools to improve efficiency.
- You will maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data management or configuration management
- OR minimum of 2 years of auditing experience
- OR minimum of 2 years in developing engineering tools and databases
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Jackson, MS will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Prior experience with Enovia
- Experience working in an aerospace quality or configuration management environment
- Attention to detail. Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects/activities.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new concepts, including new software.
- Process oriented and ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with engineering drawings and engineering documents.
- Familiarity with PLM systems.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft and Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity with configuration and data management principles.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time