Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Plant Controller to join our team.
The Plant Controller is responsible for:
Coordinating and reviewing the accounting department’s daily routine of processing and reporting financial data. To provide and analyze the plant financials to the leadership team.
- Champion and actively participate in the facilitation of the following initiatives for the facility: Eaton Values, Ethics, Diversity, APEX, OCA, High Performance work teams and recognition programs (E-STAR).
- Champion and actively participate in the following environmental health and safety initiatives: MESH, ISO14001, and other safety / environmental programs established for the facility for a safe work environment. Ensures that all direct reports are trained in the applicable environmental, health and safety practices. As a member of the leadership team, acts as a champion for plant Safety.
- Champion and actively participate in the following quality initiatives / programs: Eaton Quality System (EQS), TS16949, etc.
- Collaborate in the development and execution of facility profit plan objectives, the High 5 metrics and other balanced scorecards. Champions and actively participates in the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) and Eaton Business System (EBS).
- Work with production teams to identify improvement opportunities. Is more than a Controller, acts as a plant leader and sets the tone for the plants success.
- Consistently apply generally accepted accounting principles and company policy to financial activity at the plant.
- Control and safeguards the plant’s assets.
- Proactively manage the plant’s Profit Plan and forecast to ensure the projects align to achieving our financial goals.
This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field from an accredited institution.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting/finance field
A minimum of 2 years of leadership or managing direct reports experience.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
Master’s Degree in a Business related field, Accounting or Finance preferably.
- CPA or CMA certified
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time