Eaton’s Electrical Sector is seeking an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will lead Mission Critical (Datacenter Switchboards) processes and will be based at the Sumter, SC facility.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the Mission Critical (Datacenter Switchboards) function; to develop strategic direction and lead key manufacturing processes to ensure production objectives are met according to safety, quality and customer requirements. The Operations Manager supports the operation’s strategic plan by providing specific product designs into finished products that meet customer order requirements, product quality standards, and product delivery commitments. The Operations Manager also serves as the tactical liaison between the Plant Manager and production supervisors while leading others in achieving organizational goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will ensure production objectives are met within approved budget, schedules, and quality specifications.
- You will develop improvements in production methods, standards and procedures to ensure effective use of resources.
- You will deploy MESH initiatives to support a Zero Incident Culture
- You will foster a high-performing work team culture throughout the facility.
- You will implement Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) tools.
- You will develop and maintain a trained, quality-centered manufacturing workforce.
- You will facilitate regular production meetings to review order progress and to resolve outstanding order issues to meet on-time shipment commitments.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 5+ years’ experience managing people and/or project teams
- 3+ years’ cross-functional experience with scheduling, engineering and customer service functions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience supporting engineered-to-order products
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- Leadership experience in a high accountability culture and metrics driven environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Eaton systems and tools, including: VISTA, Bid Manager, AS-400, SWIFT and DMM
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, develop employees and facilitate corrective action while fostering an environment that supports Eaton values & philosophy.
- Change agent with strategic focus and executive command
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time