Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Hydraulic Group is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. The position is based at our Brooklyn, OH facility.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for leading and implementing plant internal and external process Quality activities and improvements following Eaton standard processes and in compliance with ISO and Eaton Business System (EBS) requirements. In addition, in this role you will be responsible for the analysis and measurement of supplier performance, defining and accessing the level of quality and capabilities of a supplier, and working with the supplier on supplier development opportunities. The role supports and participates in Continuous Improvement (Lean) and Cost Out initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support all plant health and safety efforts. You will ensure that activities are constantly being reviewed for safety and MESH compliance. You will provide Safety Coaching as required.
- You will ensure compliance to ISO/EQS (Eaton Quality System) and lead efforts to continually improve how it is applied throughout the facility.
- You will organize and lead the plant MRB functions, support team by reading and interpreting engineering prints, engineering specifications, and utilization of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- You will drive efforts to reduce scrap and non-conformances. You will monitor and trend non-conforming data and review/share with operators, staff and others.
- You will provide and post as necessary (Daily, monthly, Weekly) key plant data such as MRB Health, DPPM Non-Conforming and CPAR Status.
- You will drive plant wide CPAR activities (8D, A3 and other methods).
- You will lead APQP activities for Suppliers. You will own and manage the PPAP process for the facility.
- You will drive plant preventative actions (PFMEA, Control Plans and MSA).
- You will support the plant in the development of key process PFMEA’s and Control Plans. You will support manufacturing by performing Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) in order to identify and eliminate measurement errors and ensure the correct gages are being employed throughout the plant.
- You will support the efforts to maintain and develop standard work throughout the plant.
- You will lead and assist in internal/external ISO/EQS audits.
- You will support utilization of the WISPER supplier management intranet site as it relates to receiving inspection. You will assist in the definition and guidance of supplier development activities to ensure suppliers are meeting or exceeding expectations.
- You will actively participate as a member of PROLaunch New Product Development teams, representing plant quality functions.
- You will act as Quality Lead for Change Control.
- You will participate in Continuous Improvement and Lean activities as necessary.
- You will identify opportunities to drive cost out of the organization through improvements, both internally and with supply base.
- You will drive the company’s vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout their area of responsibility
- You will actively participate in setting, communicating and achieving Plant goals and objectives
- You will actively lead and participate in the Eaton Quality System (EQS)
- You will develop and maintain performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within the manufacturing facility
- You will possess analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods; Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You will coordinate and leverage resources, such as maintenance, materials, scheduling, logistics and engineering, to resolve quality issues and/or improve processes
- You will apply appropriate Eaton Quality System (EQS) processes and problem solving tools to drive continuous quality improvement and ensure alignment/compliance with industry standards
- You will constructively interact with internal customers
- You will promote a quality culture by demonstrating customer focus. You will regularly communicate customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum one (1) year of experience in the field of Quality working with quality management systems (ISO9001, AS9100, TS16949 or ISO13485) in a manufacturing plant environment.
This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Brooklyn, OH facility will be considered.
- ASQ Certification (CQE, CQA, CQM, etc…)
- Experience in deploying Lean/Continuous Improvement in a high mix, low volume environment is preferred.
- Experience with PFMEA and Control Plan for process improvements is preferred.
- Experience managing ISO 9001 quality system.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time