Human Resources Manager
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America division is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team. This position can be based at our Galesburg, MI or Southfield, MI facilities.
The HR Manager develops, implements and administers human resource policies, strategies and services that foster talent management and maintain a positive employee relations climate that is in concert with and compatible with corporate objectives. In this role you will provide support for the following organizations: Commercial Vehicle Sales, Light Vehicle & Engine Sales, Aftermarket, and Supply Chain organizations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor and counselor for the 4 Vice-Presidents who manages the functions supported by this position.
- You will counsel and influence leadership regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations to ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with local and governmental regulatory requirements.
- You will partner with TAC to assure that qualified and talented employees are recruited and hired.
- You will, through the performance management system, assure that annual employee job performance assessments are conducted. This includes the annual goal setting process, the annual assessment process and periodic feedback sessions that strive to raise the performance bar in the organization. You will provide coaching and consulting to business leaders on effective performance management intervention.
- You will work closely with the Ethics Office on all ethic calls/issues to complete investigations. You will lead the closure of these issues and ensures reports are prepared for the Ethics Office and actions are approved and established.
- You will motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
- You will administer compensation programs and processes to assure competitive pay practices through systems that strive to reward superior employee performance. You will direct the administration of the Sales Incentive Plans for eligible employees, consistent with Corporate guidelines, and recommends program modifications/improvements where appropriate.
- You will establish diversity initiatives and maintains governmental compliance through EEO practices.
- You will review the organizational efficiency, recommend, and manage re-structuring actions when needed.
- You will develop and deploy effective training processes to meet the current and future needs of the organization. You will support employees and leaders in establishing the appropriate development initiatives to improve performance.
- You will be a member of the senior leadership teams for the Commercial Vehicle Sales, Light Vehicle and Engine Sales, Aftermarket, and Supply Chain Management organizations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Organizational Development, Psychology, or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- PHR or SPHR Certification
- Experience supporting remote employees
Position Success Criteria
- Strong functional knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of Eaton’s policies and procedures
- Effective problem-resolution skills
- Ability to drive change
- Well developed influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication skills
- Strong facilitation / coaching skills
- Results driven
- Process oriented
- Business acumen
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time