Director & Head – Engineering &Technology Eaton European Innovation Center
In 2011, Eaton embarked on a journey to set up a best-in-class innovation center in Prague – the Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC). The center has completed more than over half a decade of growth and continues to emerge as a major technology research, new product development and sustaining engineering center for Eaton’s global customers.
EEIC has opening for Director of Technology & Head position that is part of Chief Technology Officer’s corporate team and reports directly to the EVP/CTO of the company. This position is responsible for leading and managing the innovation center campus based in Prague (Roztoky) having over 150 engineers and technologists (with a capacity to expand to 300), integrated test labs, and to provide overall leadership and direction for the Center working in close collaboration with the CTO staff and the global business leaders.
This high energy individual will be responsible for managing a team of engineers and technologists working on various aspects of product life cycle with the primary goal of identifying, developing, and maintaining products and services that create significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses. The leader will be responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for all research, development and engineering efforts under his/her control, as well as developing and managing relationships with Eaton businesses leaders & stakeholders. At Eaton, we’ve embraced the digital world and our place in it to rethink innovation. We seek a passionate leader to work with power management products and services to lead and support this digital transformation.
- Bring a passion for selecting and developing a team of well-rounded technical leaders focused on driving technological innovations and delivering on new product introductions.
- Develop a high performing, empowered and accountable culture across the organization
- Drive strong engineering fundamentals and hands-on systematic problem-solving approach.
- Bring a strategic mindset to look forward to building the organizational capabilities, new technology and products investments and execution.
- Plan and monitor operational budget and bring a “Safety-First” mindset.
- Build culture of Innovation and drive organic growth for our external customers.
- Ensure tight alignment with various business units across industrial and electrical sectors.
- Align product and portfolio strategy, design and development of current and new programs and executing roadmap to common global platforms.
- Be the brand ambassador for Eaton and the European Innovation Center with university connect, industry forums and customer events. Align team structure according to local requirements and integrate closely with the group engineering needs.
- Fully leverage digital and physical prototyping capabilities to drive product innovation.
- Maximize the utilization of the state-of-the art test labs to accelerate new product and technology effectiveness.
- Collaborate with global engineering leaders to provide direction to identify market/technical trends, develop appropriate strategy to respond/lead those trends such as I-IoT, eMobility, Grid Intelligence etc. with a clear understanding of Eaton products, functions and system interactions to facilitate digital-industrial transformation.
- Articulate clearly expectations and progress to the executive team and various business stakeholders as well as with the internal teams.
- Prefer Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Mechanical / Electrical / Systems / Controls Engineering / Computer science or equivalent technical field from accredited institutions.
- 15+ years of engineering/technology development experience. 10 years of experience in leading people.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile, Stage Gate approach, Design for Six Sigma & Reliability methodologies.
- Build relationships with universities, government agencies, and development agencies/companies to seek insight into regulatory changes, industry trends and promote Eaton’s capabilities.
- Provide technical marketing strategies and communicate Eaton’s technology strategy to various stakeholders
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to understand and formulate compelling value propositions and to understand and drive through value and adoption chain.
- Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organization and strong project management experience is required.
- Some experience of working in an international environment leading technology / innovation mgmt.
- Experience in effectively coaching and mentoring senior leaders/direct reports,
- Experience in developing a high performing, empowered and accountable leadership team to support business growth and to build organizational capability.
- Possess a deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams.
- Position requires up to 25% travel domestic and international
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time