Supplier Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for developing a risk-based supplier management process, lead critical supplier related projects and support the supplier corrective action process as well as requests for change. The SQE will be responsible for performing supplier quality audits, proposing improvements to their quality system and tracking closure of any audit related non-conformances. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Using the Statistical Process Control (SPC), Advanced Quality Process (AQP) and PPAP and Incoming tools and the Metrics, proactively identify and help implement improvement to the Supplier Quality and Supplier Quality Tools and Processes.
- Promote the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and continuous improvement techniques at Suppliers to help them reduce variability and achieve process control
- Train Suppliers to effectively execute Supplier Corrective Action Requests and Corrective Actions Preventive Actions
- Initiate and follow-up Supplier Corrective Actions in partnership with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure complete and effective root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Develop positive relationships and effective lines of communication with suppliers: Partnership-oriented arrangements
- Work closely with the SCM to establish and maintain a Supplier Quality Scorecard
- Work closely with Supplier Development Engineering to improve Supplier Quality Performance
- Coordinates and controls: Implementation of activities related to Quality System, Process of parts approval/ products, Elaboration of PFMEAs and Control Plans (CP), Creation, implementation and control of correcting actions, Implementation of graphics of SPC.
- Ensure the quality system is followed up at receiving inspection area.
- Establish controls for all metrics related to supplier quality (DPPM, MRB, etc)
- Take the ownership and solve all issues related to supplier quality, ensuring no impact to the production lines.
- Provide all resources and coaching needed to the personnel at incoming area, to perform the receiving inspection function without any delays
- Support the MESH Initiatives and Zero accident culture.
- Support the Eaton Quality Systems as well as EBE, ISO/TS, etc
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- 5 years’ experience in the same position
- Experience in Supplier Balance Score Cards
Solid and proven experience in lean manufacturing tools and six sigma methodologies.
Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Knowledge in MS Office Excel, AutoCAD
Position Success Criteria :
Individual Contributor Competencies:
- Possesses Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates a Collaborative Style
- Drives for Results
- Makes Decisions/Solves Problems
- Promotes and Champions Change
- Pursues Personal Development
Possesses Interpersonal Savvy (Supplier/Customer Relationships)
Strong ethics and professional presence required
Negotiation skills and experience with suppliers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Proactive and organized
- Teamwork player
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time