Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The Information Technology Innovation team focuses on bringing new emerging technology platforms and experiences to Eaton. The team will take high-level concepts/hypotheses and move them from ideation to proof of concept, to pilot and production deployment. We employ rapid design and development techniques to accelerate innovation and determine if our emerging technologies can be evolved into viable solution. Our charter is to quickly test our ideas with customer facing experiments to drive discussions for long term product development. Our focus areas are wide and varied from user experiences in augmented and virtual reality to conversations agents to robotic process automation.
We are growing the team to expand our work in Augmented & Virtual Reality, Conversational Interfaces and Blockchain. Our near-term focus is to experiment with these technologies and platforms, including leveraging smart devices and technology capabilities. The objective is to deploy enterprise solutions that augment and improve workforce capabilities around the globe.
To enable these solutions, this role will perform complex problem solving and work independently to design, develop, install and support emerging technology projects. The position will bring a diverse set of experiences to Eaton, demonstrating the ability to perform full stack development across multiple domains.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- Design, develop, and test software that supports the creation of new applications/experiences leveraging emerging technologies
- Performs product/system design and specification development.
- Work independently on design tasks.
- Program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Prepares program specifications and develops coding logic flowcharts in compliance with secure coding standards.
- Participates in client interactions to develop system solutions to business problems.
- May lead discussions with the business and with business analyst.
- May work in conjunction with more senior developers.
- Development activities.
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, and validate security features and code review.
- Implement and maintain application software while following best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle.
- Collaborate with global, cross-discipline teams in a dynamic and fast paced environment across Eaton’s footprint
- Use agile for rapid prototyping and release cycles
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 9+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience
- 3+ years of either C# OR Java and/or C++ programming experience required
- Good knowledge of Unity (C#), including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management
- 2+ years of experience with HTML and CSS required
- 2+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design, agile s/w development
- Experience working on a DevOps team, using Version Control
- Experience delivering augmented and virtual reality experiences
- Experience in Marker and Marker less AR
- Experience delivering user experiences on frameworks like Unity or Unreal
- Experience with computer vision, machine learning or intelligent systems
- Experience delivering solutions on AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Experience delivering mobile iOS or Android apps
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment
- Self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of V1 and incubation work
- Shipped products in one of the following domains: gaming/entertainment, enterprise, CAD/3D modeling, mobile applications
- Experience with conversational interfaces (Chatbots etc…)
- Experience with conversational agents (Alexa, Facebook Messenger bots, Skype bots, Cortana, Siri, Google assistant, etc.)
- Domain expertise in Industrial Processes, such as Manufacturing, Field Services, and Logistics
- Understanding of Blockchain concepts and associated technology platforms
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 062334