Product Line Manager - Data Centers
Eaton’s B-Line division is currently seeking a Product Line Manager – Data Centers to join our team. This position is based at our Worcester facility.
The Product Line Manager – Data Centers is responsible for delivering profitable growth of Eaton B-Line’s DataComm products, including cabinets, airflow management systems, racks, and cable runway products, by developing and implementing the product line strategy while executing price, promotion, channel, and product life cycle initiatives. In this role, you will champion multi-generational product planning and new product development processes, while working collaboratively across all business unit functions to execute strategy. The products for this position are manufactured in multiple manufacturing facilities located in Worcester, MA and Reno, NV.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will translate voice of customer, dynamics, and market data/information into actionable short term (<1 year) and long term (3-5 year) strategic plans through forecasting, creating growth funnels, and implementing multi-generation product plans
- You will identify and work cross functionally to improve profitability through productivity projects (VAVE, Sourcing, alternative manufacturing strategies)
- You will improve the customer experience and provide competitive advantage through quoting, pricing, and inventory process improvements and engagement
- You will implement promotion activities to expand the products value propositions and brand awareness through marketing collateral while engaging in the businesses digital marketing transformation
- You will identify and promote value propositions that support Eaton B-Line’s go to market strategy and uniquely differentiate the product in its markets
- You will manage pricing choices and price dynamics in heavily material burdened products
- You will develop and implement processes that manage, qualify and quantify custom products motivated by customer and application requirements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Marketing from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in product management and/or sales
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Masters of Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Experience in engineering or supporting technology sales
- Experience with DataComm or working in the electrical sector
- Prior managerial experience is strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web based information and documentation systems
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
- Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
- Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time