Service Desk Business Solutions Support
Eaton’s Lighting Division, a part of our Electrical sector, is currently seeking a Service Desk Business Solutions Support Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Service Desk Business Solutions Support Representative is responsible for supporting the Lighting division’s application portfolio, including key activities within the project development lifecycle for changes and enhancements. In this role, you will be the first point of contact into the Lighting Application Support organization, responding to a wide variety of requests, including troubleshooting and diagnostics, recognizing trends, escalating issues when appropriate, and communicating with external and internal users.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will collaborate with colleagues appropriately to resolve service requests, including support for 3rd party vendor service requests during the resolution process
You will read and analyze log files and other technical information provided by external and internal users to recognize patterns among incoming service requests, identify trending requests and potential enhancements
You will triage and route all requests to determine severity, category, appropriate resolution path, identify and escalate severity-1 (emergency) service requests, and assist in resolution as needed
- You will log requests, regardless of channel, and maintain accountability of the support requests from beginning to customer closure, regardless of who is needed to resolve the issues
- You will collaborate with IT in the technical design and development of components to meet business requirements; meet with business teams to review of prototypes, demonstrations, review testing plans, component and regression, for each release and execute, document and track issues with assigned tests.
- You will provide support and research questions/issues on behalf of Lighting application external and internal users through multiple channels (email, telephone, web-casts, and chat)
You will participate in release deployment activities as needed by adjusting schedules, conducting training, identifying new trends in service requests post deployment, and build training documentation (e.g. user guides, quick reference guides, and instructional videos).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in customer support
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree City, GA, will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Service Desk experience in an office environment
Experience with troubleshooting applications for customers/internal users (i.e. intake, root cause analysis, testing scripts)
Capacity to quickly learn software applications, both packaged and custom developed, and provide support to internal and external users
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web based information and documentation systems
- Ability to work with persons from various departments with various skill sets
- Ability to work on various issues simultaneously and ensuring the integrity of each project or task
- Ability to demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and act autonomously
- Ability to demonstrate written and oral communication skills required to write formal reports of findings
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No