Senior Contracts Analyst
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Contracts Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, Michigan facility.
The Senior Contracts Analyst is responsible for providing specification, return material, warranty and specialized accounting support for Eaton Aerospace plants such as Jackson, MI, Toccoa, GA, and Tijuana, Mexico. This position will also support return material, warranty and specialized accounting support for Eaton authorized hose shops.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide guidance and data as requested to the department director, department manager, colleagues, plant personnel and customers related to specifications, contested invoices, RMA processes & procedures, returned material and warranty related product matters
- You will follow FED Contract management procedure(s) to address customer claims against current Eaton/Customer contracts primarily for return requests or claims against contracts/invoices
- You will create RMA number(s) per procedure(s) and process RMA’s for shipment or/as dispositioned
- You will request charge repair quotes from pricing department and submit charge repair quotes to customers
- You will investigate, request and/or issue credit transactions as necessary and track, review and challenge other contested invoices as needed using mutually agreed contract specification/terms executed with customer as disposition criteria
- You will manage/mitigate customer claims, returns, disputes and contested invoices in line with Eaton financial and operational performance objectives
- You will identify and drive savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives for assigned work scope
- You will track, challenge and report on internal and external key and strategic metrics related to Return Material and Contested Invoices or others as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Jackson, MI facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization (both written and oral).
- Ability to interface at all levels because of major support activities with Customer Service, Pricing, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing
- Action oriented with ability to work with autonomy and multi-task in a high-volume, time sensitive, environment
- Team building skills
- Ability to positively influence others
- Creative thinker
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable with using the internet and specialized MRP programs and applications
- Aerospace Industry experience or the passion to work in the Aerospace Industry
- Experience with customer contracts
- Working knowledge of MS office applications, which include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of legal concepts
- Knowledge of Export Compliance and ITAR
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time