- The Continuous Improvement Manager will manage, plan, coordinate and lead the deployment of the Eaton Lean & Six Sigma System and Continuous Improvement Framework throughout the Plant facility in support of strategic goals and objectives.
- Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will collaborate with the leadership team to lead the development and implementation of the site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities via the Continuous Improvement Council. The roadmap should be aligned with overall VG CI Vision.
- You will be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the tools in a learning environment, while also capable of deploying the tools in order to create value for the site.
- You will provide Operational Assessment (Op A) support across the organization to drive short-term and long-term business improvements.
- You will utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- You will coordinate and assist with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- You will manage plant cost-out activities.
- You will assist in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating RIEs, Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
- You will analyze organizational metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
- You will build Organizational Capability by hiring and developing CI leaders, participates in annual development plans and provides input on organization capability/succession planning sessions.
- You will drive Boot camp events to drive breakthrough improvements by application of ELSS tools and also facilitate Lean Tool Certification program by coaching/mentoring the identified persons.
- Develop and Implement annual CI calendar of events aligning to EBS Pull (Strategic) projects
- You will initiate, lead, and facilitate successful RIEs/ Kaizen events/Needle mover projects/ Continuous Improvement events and BPIs for the Ahmednagar facility.
- You will serve as Tool Expert in all ELS/CI Tools with emphasis on Value Stream Mapping and develop local ELS/CI Tool Champions and Experts by providing training and coaching support
- You will perform and validate ELSS assessments as per yearly plan follow-up with completion of actions
- You will be responsible for attainment of ELSS Assessment and ELSS Cost Savings objectives and provide regular ELSS/CI status updates to plant staff and immediate supervisor
- You will drive Continuous Improvement Framework deployment to create culture of problem solving and continuous improvement though engagement and continuously raising the standard
- You will monitor overall plant performance toward plant and division objectives for High 5 / Cost Out activities
- Support expansion projects, productivity improvement projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- 10+ years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Distribution
- Experience in driving Lean and Six Sigma initiatives.
- Prior work experience in different functions is preferred to ensure this CI Manager sees the linkages between functions, impact of functional decisions downstream and how multiple functions work within a value stream.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time