Data Scientist Specialist
Eaton is proud to announce the launch for our new cutting edge Research and Development Center based in our global headquarters in the heart of Dublin. In the age of Big Data and the Internet of Things, our Center for Intelligent Power focuses on technical capabilities to help develop next-generation power management products and services.
As the Data Scientist Specialist you will be directly involved in leading the development of machine learning, statistics, and analytic approaches to answer challenging business questions. This work will help businesses across the enterprise solve critical business problems, uncover new business opportunities, and turn their large volumes of data into valuable, actionable insights.
You will be part of a global world class innovation team and will interact with many different business units in EMEA.
Do you have?
- Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering or physics
- 3 to 5 years’ experience after Ph. D or 7+ years of industrial experience
- Familiarity with Python, R, and/or other programming languages
- Previous experience in developing and designing technology solutions
- Practical applications or machine learning or statistics to diagnostics, prognostics, pattern detection, data mining, etc.
- Knowledge of linear algebra, probability, calculus
- Experience in Design Thinking or human-centered methods
- Advanced degree and/or specialization in related discipline (e.g. machine learning)
- Knowledge of big data platforms (Hadoop, Azure, etc.)
- Experience preparing big data infrastructures, integrating data from disparate systems, and cleansing data
- Experience with visualization techniques
- Demonstrated ability to apply machine learning to large-scale industrial data
- Familiarity with machine learning libraries and frameworks such as (scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to quickly learn new domains and communicate with business leaders and mentor more junior employees
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time