Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Shawnee, OK facility.
In this role, you will provide overall quality leadership to the organization. You will drive the continuous improvement efforts throughout the operation in support of Total Quality Leadership and the Eaton Business System. You will provide quality support to customers, suppliers, partners and the support/service functions of the organization. You will manage the Quality strategy of the organization to facilitate continuous production and improvement of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and implement a Quality organizational structure capable of supporting the strategic initiatives of the local Plant and lead the efforts to integrate quality needs into the development of short and long-term improvement plans.
- You will support the operation in the implementation and improvement of the local Quality Management System.
- You will provide Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied. This includes the complaint management system and the corrective/preventive action process related to customer issues – with feedback (Customer and Division) – and the coordination of customer visits and audits.
- You will develop a thorough understanding of the Eaton Business System (EBS) with expertise in the tools related to Quality (e.g. – EQS, BSC, EBEA, Corporate Quality Policy, Ethics, Vision, Mission, Values, Philosophy, Organizational Capability Assessment, and Corporate Accounts). Appropriate levels of this knowledge must be transferred to all subordinates as part of their personal development.
- You will guide the deployment and integration of the Eaton Quality System (EQS) into the local Quality Management System.
- You will evaluate key organizational quality metrics related to the Balanced Scorecard (e.g. – Customer Returns DPPM, Internal Quality, Scrap, Warranty, Cost of Nonconformance, and Supplier Quality) and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
- You will actively participate as a member of the
leadership team in the deployment of the Eaton Business System (EBS)
tools, including the Eaton Business Excellence Assessment process.
Provide support to the Supply Chain Management organization relative to Supplier Quality activities of the operation as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the organization’s suppliers and partners. This includes the feedback of supplier performance to suppliers and the Division.
- You will lead the internal Quality System Audit program for the organization and manage the corrective action system in conjunction with the management review process.
- You will provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools/methods to the other functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
- You will recommend new technologies, methods, tools and procedures on the fields of quality assurance and continuous improvement to proactively address changes in the business environment.
- You will develop and analyze statistical data and product/process specifications to determine standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product.
- You will manage the performance and provide career development opportunities to all the employees within the quality function of the organization. This includes the development and implementation of training programs to build “bench strength” in the organization.
- You will manage the budget of the Quality organization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Quality or Engineering function
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience leading and/or directing the activities of others
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Five (5) years of experience in a quality function in a manufacturing setting
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence or Six Sigma Black/Green Belt certification.
Experience with Web-based supplier performance evaluation systems.
- APQP certification
A minimum of 3 years experience with various new part approval processes, various failure modes and effects analysis’, DOE, and SPC.
- Demonstrated experience supervising and/or managing people.
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in manufacturing operations involving machining and mechanical assembly activities.
- Experiential evidence of the ability to achieve positive organizational cultural change.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage cross-functional resources to support manufacturing requirements.
- Superb problem solving skills and the ability to teach.
- The ability to work in teams and communication skills.
- This ideal candidate will be detailed, analytical, and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach and train people in varying production disciplines to achieve improved overall performance.
- Phase gate type new product release processes,
Lean six sigma systems, Quality management system standards.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time