Facilities Maintenance - 1st shift
- You will assist in the installation of all electrical and mechanical equipment.
- You will assist in the maintenance of building, building systems, and peripheral structure.
- You will be responsible to maintain spare parts inventory for repair of machinery and related equipment. Including oils and greases used in maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- You will be involved in Continuous Improvement initiatives and/or projects as needed. Keep informed of developments and trends affecting areas and responsibility and pro-actively promote change to increase operational effectiveness.
- Preparation of forms and necessary documents used in the disposal and shipment of hazardous materials, chemical that exceed threshold in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local requirements. Order necessary supply of oils and greases used in maintenance of machinery and equipment.
- You will deploy an effective Preventive Maintenance program for facility, ground, and equipment.
- You will be asked to be an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) champion element determined by the EHS Manager.
- You will assist in the implementation of all applicable EHS aspects such that the site maintains compliance to all state, federal, and company requirements. Establish site goals and action plans for Energy, Water, and Waste Reduction.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution with two years on the job training or apprenticeship
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Grand Rapids MI to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance experience
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance crafts (skills including: Basic Electrical, Basic Mechanical, Knowledge of Plumbing system, ) sufficient to plan, supervise and successfully complete assigned function.
- Demonstrate leadership and planning abilities in completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective intra and inter-departmental relationships at all levels. Facilitate consensus solutions to effectively resolve problems and issues.
- Deploy effective Preventive Maintenance program for facility, ground, and equipment.
- Associate’s degree is preferred but not a requirement.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No