Interaction Design Manager
We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As an Interaction Design Manager of our new Innovation Center- Global Centre for Intelligent Power, you will lead to shape the future of Eaton Interaction Design approach. You will act as the subject matter expert and will set the design strategy.
As The Interaction Design Manager you are expected to be an outstanding team leader and visionary.
In this role, you will apply your passion and will collaborate with other teams of the center to create innovative experiences across the vast Eaton's portfolio of products and services.
Your key deliverables :
- Expert in overseeing projects from early stage concepts to launch and will guide their team and colleagues to create the best user experience.
- Create elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
- Understand not just the execution, but the business aspects of the products as well.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designers
- Execute the UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary updates while ensuring alignment with the GCIP strategy.
- Build strong relationships with leaders inside and outside their team
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Ability to quickly go from ideation to physical prototypes.
- Conduct detailed UI/UX design reviews
QualificationsDo you have / Are you?
- BA/BS/Ms/MBA degree from an accredited university.
- 7+ years Product Design Experience working on a mix of consumer, and enterprise products.
- 7+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, or Information Architect.
- 2+ years of leading UX teams and strategy.
- A portfolio demonstrating compelling information architecture, user experience, and progression from research through production.
- The ability to grasp complex and sometimes diverse customer needs and distill them into clean solutions.
- Understanding of Complex workflows designed to scale across global teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills.
- Communicate complex projects, anticipate issues early, and proactively taken action.
- Demonstrate excellent resource management and planning skills
- 2+years of Project management/leadership experience on UX and/or front-end related projects
- 2+ years’ experience and knowledge of MVC frameworks, web component libraries, HTML, CSS3, JS
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile development processes
- Can collaborate across business and technical teams and relies heavily on influence – not authority - to drive engineering and business teams and resources toward project goals
- Demonstrated ability in design within IOT domain (platforms and systems)
- Demonstrated ability in creating highest quality user experiences and their impacts on the feasibility of design solutions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time