Eaton’s Hydraulic division is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Reynosa facility.
The Production Planner is responsible for daily execution against the production plan for assembled and manufactured components. Utilize MRP to review and create order releases, monitor and maintain action and exception messages, and manage inventory levels for internal components and assemblies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Achieve the daily production plan based on production capacity and availability of purchased and manufactured components.
- Accountable for plant past due, delivery, and inventory performance
- Minimize all outbound premium freight
- Work closely with supplier scheduling to ensure consistent production levels; work closely with master schedule to ensure consistent long-term internal capacities
- Manage all past due orders in a timely manner providing accurate responses to the customer service department
- Analyze work center capacity availability against demand as part of the SIOP process.
- Review and fulfill status of all open customer orders in the order board.
- Maintain a root cause analysis of all production misses and work to implement continuous improvements to prevent further disruption.
- Execute action messages for MPS
- Work with the central materials management team to ensure consistency of the item master
- Support new product introductions and engineering changes.
- Provide promise dates to the replenishment orders- RMA
- Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree required in Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in materials planning/scheduling in the same industry sector
- Familiar with forecasting tools
- APICS CPIM certification qualification or commitment to complete equivalent.
- Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
- Experience in MRP, MPS, Min-Max tools.
- Experience in ERP systems
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Proficient in MS Office /Excel, able to develop spread sheets
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time