Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently recruiting for an Assembler-III on 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Irvine, CA location.
The Assembler is responsible for the assembly of sub-assemblies and top level assemblies fuel components while working from verbal instructions, blueprints, operation sketches and assembly drawings.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will assemble fuel components per drawing requirements
- You will utilize hand tools such as pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, soldering iron, micrometers, calipers and indicators
- You will use routing sheets, operating instruction sheets or other documentation to ensure proper assembly of parts.
- You will also perform visual inspection of units during the assembly process and at completion of assembled units.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ previous work experience in Mechanical Assembly
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Strong communication skills & works well in a team environment
- Ability to work from written instructions such as blueprints or other work instructions
- Experience with inspection tools such as calipers, depth mic, micrometers, high gauges, etc.
- Good dexterity and experience working with small pieces of hardware
- Previous work experience within an Aerospace and/or Manufacturing environment
- Lock wire and safety wire experience
- Experience in setup and use of XY plotter, oscilloscopes, and pressure transducer
- Solder certification
- ESD certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time