Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is seeking an Operations Manager located in our Syracuse, NY facility.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this person will manage, direct, plan and coordinate (through Manufacturing Supervisors, & Team Leads) the manufacturing activities of both machining and assembly sections to meet plant objectives, and sales goals.
As the electrical industry's global leader for explosion proof and hazardous environments, Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business is constantly pushing forward and looking ahead, advancing electrical and instrumentation products in new and innovative ways. Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business manufactures over 100,000 products for NEC and IEC applications, including: conduit fittings and cable glands, industrial control and electrical apparatus, enclosures, industrial luminaires (including LED), plugs and receptacles, drilling and marine products, commercial construction and solar solutions.
- Determine effect of production load changes on plant operations. Take action to adjust capacities (labor and/or equipment) to meet production requirements.
- Review plant-operating practices insuring that both production and quality standards are maintained/enhanced.
- Assure appropriate working climate by maintaining proper discipline, morale and employee relations. Advise, guide, and counsel employees in relation to company benefits, plant policy and regulations, employee programs, wage administration and plant objectives.
- Through regular contact with Plant Manager and his staff, participate in planning and/or decision making in matters concerning financial and operational problems, inventory control, plant policy and facility/maintenance issues and staffing.
- Recommend budgets and control expenditures. Recommend wage or salary adjustments.
- Operate and organize facilities and equipment in line with company policies and procedures. Enforce safe practice standards maintaining a clean work environment.
- Work with the CI Manager in the identification, development, and implementation of new manufacturing methods to reduce the inventory and lead time of the 4 plan value streams and reduce annual costs to meet annual CI cost reduction targets.
- Lead 190-200 employees through front line supervisors the production of standard and engineered to order products resulting in $200M in annual sales
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Operations or Manufacturing.
- Minimum 1 year of prior Management experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Builds and leverages key relationship across various business units/function.
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- Must possess persuasive skills required of human relations and leadership.
- Must be able to express ideas clearly to direct, motivate and train subordinates.
- Must be able to communicate clearly to management, professionals, exempt and non-exempt employees in all matters concerning production, quality, safety and product design
- Minimum 2 years of prior Management experience.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Experience working in a Unionized setting.
- Experience with process tools such as profit planning, strategic planning, Organizational Capability Assessment, Corporate Accounts, Lean System/Six Sigma, Supply Chain Management, Fixed Capital Optimization, and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) processes (MESH, ISO 14001)
An undergraduate degree is required. An Master’s Degree is preferred.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary and complete benefits
This position is based at our Syracuse, New York facility
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time