Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Quality Manager. The Quality Manager is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
The primary function of the Quality Manager is to lead the definition, execution and deployment of the Strategic Quality Plan in conjunction with the plant management team and serves as the Management representative for the Quality management system. In this role, you will manage quality assurance resources to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements. You will provide total quality leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and all internal stakeholders. You will perform continuous improvement activities in targeted areas.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage the Quality / customer interface to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution, identifying root cause and corrective action.
- You will ensure Quality organization support to Supply Chain management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements.
- You will oversee the development, implementation, and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the operation, providing quality guidance and support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- You will participate in and/or may lead the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customers’ requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
- You will evaluate organizational Quality Metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
- You will develop and implement a Quality structure capable of supporting strategic plans and initiatives.
- You will design and implement Quality Assurance training programs and conducts training in quality related topics relative to the work.
- You will ensure functional participation in product development and launch activities including identification of customer expectations, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs and material testing.
- You will guide improvement teams in the development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out of control conditions and process audits.
- You will ensure development, implementation and audit of complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria and procedures/work instructions.
- You will evaluate operational performance of the QA team to facilitate performance management, merit increase, promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations etc.
- You will coordinate with plant leadership to prepare consolidated plant, customer and product status and action items.
- You will coordinate and assist with corporate or division initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- You will ensure preparation and maintains internal qualifications and audits such as EN/AS 9100 – ISO 9100and NADCAP certifications.
- You will be designated as the Management Representative
with responsibility and authority that includes
a) ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained,
b) reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any needs for improvement,
c) ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization, and
d) the organizational freedom to resolve matters pertaining to quality.
- You will be designated as the Management Representative with responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are addressed. This includes selection of special characteristics, setting quality goals and related training, corrective and preventive actions, product design and development.
- You will ensure Quality functions are completed with accuracy, integrity and efficiency
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a Quality function
Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a supervisor or leadership role
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.‘Green Card Holder’), have been granted Political Asylum,or Refugee
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- CQE and/or CQM
- 10 years of experience in problem solving methods (e.g. Six Sigma, 8-D root cause analysis and associated statistical tools) Quality Systems, and Mil-Stds.
- Minimum 3 years of exposure to Nadcap Special Process requirements.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in the Aerospace or Automotive Industry
- Possesses a thorough understanding of problem solving methods (e.g. Six Sigma, 8-D root cause analysis and associated statistical tools) Quality Systems, and Mil-Stds.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time