Paint Line Operator - Afternoon Shift
Eaton is currently seeking a Paint Line Operator-Afternoon Shift to join our team. The position is based at our Milton facility.
Reporting to the Afternoon Shift Team Lead, this position is responsible for operating, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of the Manual and Automated Powder Coat system, the Spray painting process and Material Handling during the loading and unloading of parts.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will adhere to detailed specifications, work instructions, manufacturing information and written or verbal instructions from supervision.
- You will ensure the chemical concentricity (mix) and pH levels are within recommended range. Perform titration test & trouble shoot chemical concentricity (mix) and pH level variations.
- You will monitor & troubleshoot the automated guns and spray systems to ensure effective coverage to a variety of sized and shaped products. (Including the reclaim system)
- You will replace Wash System Chemical as required. Maintain the integrity of the Pre Treat system and ensure the waste solution does not exceed environmental limitations.
- You will maintain Powder in proper containers and storage requirements. Prepare requisition for buyer to procure required powder paint supply. Keep supervisor informed on powder paint and related supply inventory.
- You will utilize various software such as Dynamic Machine Management software (DMM) to hold codes to report productions issue and drawing search software (Enovia, Vault etc.) to view and print drawings for fabrication purpose.
- You will manually paint all non-standard colors and touch ups to standard colors, mixing and preparing paint according to specifications.
- Prepare material for paint process, identifying appropriate tools and method to ensure clean smooth surfaces.
- You will inspect final product for cosmetic, coverage, cure, adhesion and thickness.
- Load and Unload product from the paint line and ensure conveyor to part continuity.
- Perform tasks specific to the Waste Water Treatment including monitoring operation, system start-up/shut-down.
- You will regularly maintain equipment as per Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) sheet including daily maintenance on guns and equipment. (Powder Booths/Pre Wash/Waste Water Treatment/or General Systems). You will ensure the long-term integrity of the Powder Coating System by identifying & replacing wearable components as required. Ensure the cure oven temp vs. line speed is providing the proper environment to reach the appropriate dwell times and cure times for the powder.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the employer.
- Participate and contribute to continuous improvement (Eaton Lean System). Report any deficiencies in systems, facilities, machinery, equipment and/or tools
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment or assembly experience.
- Only candidates living within a 80 km range from our Milton plant will be considered for the role.
- Eaton does not offer sponsorship, only candidates that can legally work in Canada will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No